Time is TBD|
Family Retreat with a Twist
Rewild your family and unwind together in one of the most beautiful parts of Scotland!
Time & Location
Time is TBD
Cambus o'May, Cambus o'May, Ballater AB35 5SD, UK
About This Experience
The 7-day Family retreat with twist welcomes families to the stunning Royal Deeside in Scotland, for deep restoration, relaxation, connection, soul nourishment, adventure and fun! You will be surrounded by ancient pine forests, hills, mountain lochs and the majestic river Dee. The land and waters here facilitate deep connection to self, others and nature and hold endless possibilities for explorations & diverse experiences.
This is what’s included (can be tailored to family wishes and needs):
- wholesome, local & seasonal home- cooked meals
- guided breathwork sessions for both children and adults
- functional breathing to incorporate in your everyday life and for deeper interpersonal connection
- personalized meditations to support individual needs of family members
- wild water fun: cold water immersions in lochs and rivers in the area
- forest games and nature connection activities
- seasonal wild food foraging and cooking with foraged foods
- learning to make a fire & sharing of songs and stories around the fire
- learning to build shelters & set up camp in the forest (with an optional sleep out for a night under the stars)
- lunch at Tarmachan cafe, where freshly made, local seasonal treats are served
- creative play and deep family bonding sessions
- fun crafts with natural materials
- optional add ons: traditional style drum making, fish skin tanning to make beautiful fish leather, mountain bike hire & biking tour
During the retreat, all food will be provided for the family and we will cook high quality, nutritious and wholesome meals and have some special treats in store for you, so you can unplug from any roles & patterns and simply enjoy being together. Food preferences and requirements are taken into consideration and can be discussed prior to the retreat.
The retreat can be bespoke to cater to the age group of your children/ teenagers and everybody’s needs. Dates are available all year round.
You will be staying in a magical Norwegian log cabin in the Dee Valley, with views of heather hills, in the midst of birch trees and only a 10 minute walk away from the river Dee (subject to availability of the cabin- early booking recommended).The cabin sleeps 11 in 6 bedrooms- there are 5 twin bed rooms and a single bedroom with extra bed available. The cabin has 3 bathrooms, each with a shower and two bath tubs.
As accomodation books out quickly here in Deeside during the summer, we recommend you contact us as soon as possible with desired dates, so we can make sure to have the best possible accomodation available to welcome you. In case the Norwegian log cabin is not available on your desired date, we will organize another house/ cottage for accomodation in the area, please note that the price might change due to this.
There is a two family discount available for families who wish to go on retreat together, please contact us for more details. There is also the option to add on extended family members to the package.
Basic cost package for the 7-day retreat, including accomodation, all meals and activties is £6350, based on a family of 4 to 5.
Not included are transportation, transfer from the airport if you're flying in, and optional add-ons, which can all be discussed.
Please feel free to contact us if you are curious and have any questions. We would love to welcome you on our Family retreat with a twist and share the magic of nature in Scotland with you!